Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Spicy Moroccan Porkchops with Fig and Honey Mashpotatoes


This is what I made for dinner last night... YUMMY! I love to cook and every week I cook exotic food or ethnic food for my family! These two dishes came from the top of my head I never really use cook books and it turned out really GREAT! So I think every week I will post my weekly dinner recipes .... no one will read this ... but it waste my time to write this blog :)

Dry ingredients 1/2 tsp of each spice
  • ground cinnamon
  • ground red pepper
  • ground turmeric
  • ground cumin
  • ground coriander seed
  • ground paprika
  • sea salt
  • ground black pepper

mix them all in one bowl put aside for the pork chops

Other ingredients for pork chops

  • 1 cup beef broth
  • 2 tbs red curry paste
  • 1 tbs garlic and ginger paste
  • 1 small onion diced
  • 2 tbs olive oil




Fig and Honey Mash potatoes
With Moroccan food they use couscous..I didn't have any so I used mash potatoes instead
Ingredients for mash potatoes
  • 1 jar of whole fig preserves
  • 1 tsp honey
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 tbs skim milk
  • 1 tbs of butter
  • 5 small russet potatoes peeled and cut
  • salt and pepper to taste






peel and cut potatoes into cubes or halves
in sauce pan bring to boil fig preserve juice with honey and water stir and bring to a boil ... add potatoes



last few min add 3 whole figs






add butter and milk ... leave the 3 whole figs and add salt and pepper
mix together







YUMMY... taste like candy :)






add olive oil and fry the pork chops until golden brown then set aside







add the beef stock then onions
next add in the 2 pastes and stir
then add in dry ingredients let simmer for few min











then add the pork chops to the pan again











mix all together and cook for 1 hour on med heat









YUMMY looks done!











put in a dish and pour the gravy over the pork chops












I served it with black beans and placed the pork chops on top of the mash potatoes for a spicy and sweet taste
















serve with hot green tea and YUMMY... YUMMY....YUMMY!













No comments:

Post a Comment