Tuesday, February 16, 2010

estofado de pollo

So tonight for dinner I made a dish called estofado de pollo and I would have to say this is one of my best!! It was also easy to make and easy to prep for this meal. The only bad thing about it was that when I went out tonight I smelled of onions from cooking all day... ATTRACTIVE...NOT! but the dish was attractive :) This dish is a Peruvian recipe I came across in a Travel magazine...YUM!ESTOFADO DE POLLO Recipe
  • 5 boneless chicken pieces
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • 1 clove garlic peeled and chopped
  • 2 tbsp tomato paste
  • 2 tbsp paprika
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 1 cup frozen peas
  • 1 cup frozen sliced carrots
  • 1/4 cup port wine
  • 4 medium potatoes peeled and cut into quarters
  • 1/4 cup raisins
Mix the flour salt and pepper together... dredge chicken in flour

Add to skillet with olive oil.. brown 4 minutes on each side



until they get golden brown



remove them and set the chicken aside



Then to the same pan add the garlic onions and some chicken stock ... then mix in the paste and the paprika cook for 2 minutes






next add the port wine and all the chicken stock simmer for 2 minutes then add to a bigger pan






next add the frozen peas and carrots..simmer for 5 minutes







next cut the potatoes and then add to pan .... put lid on tight and let cook for 1 hr





The last 5 minutes add the raisins









Then serve .. yummy :) sorry I didn't make it all fancy smancy but I had some where to go :)










I cooked the other half of the bread from last nights meal ... the bread was good to soak up the gravy and eat it....YUMMY!!!!
So tomorrow night I will be making North African Meatballs... I am getting fat .. oh well! JAR










No comments:

Post a Comment